What Causes My Cat to Throw Up Food?
All pet owners worry when their cat gets sick after eating their meal. Inevitably, you ask yourself several questions: Like why is my cat vomiting her stomach? Should I be worried? What can I do to prevent this from happening again? I will make sure to provide all the answers and reassure you that at scoop-dzair we offer tips to follow.
My cat vomits after eating her food
All cats vomit more or less regularly, but it is always surprising. After his meal, your cat may vomit, but we don’t know why.
Why is the vomiting?
You bought a premium food for the welfare of your feline companion, he just ate it, and yet he just vomited it. What are the reasons, well, here are the most common ones:
- Hairballs: This is the most likely cause, whether he ate or not. By licking himself, the hairs can block the stomach, which can make him vomit.
- Eat quickly: this is not vomiting but regurgitation.
- His food does not suit him.
- he is sick.
We will discuss each point below in more detail.
Of course, after all that grooming, this was bound to happen, especially if he had long hair. You know that a cat’s tongue is special and it will catch all the dead hair, so it will swallow them.
Yes, but after a while a hairball forms in his stomach that can cause reflux whether he eats or not. Feel free to clean it regularly to reduce this phenomenon that you don’t really like.
He does not digest his food
Not all foods are the same, and you have to take into account their age and health. For example, you wouldn’t give large cat food to a cat. There are various reasons why a cat does not digest its dish, I invite you to click on the following buttons for more information:
He is sick
More serious situations that should alert you (and in this case, you should visit the vet):
- food poisoning
- Digestive problem
- Renal insufficiency
My tips to avoid vomiting
Here are some tips, of course, feel free to speak quickly with your vet if it persists:
- Small meals: It is preferable to feed him more often, but in smaller quantities
- Anti-binge bowl: perfect for making him slow down
- Changing food: If his food does not suit him, change it, but do not forget to make a transition to allow him to gradually get used to it.